Monday, January 11, 2010

WHERE MESSY WOMAN CREATES

Jo Packham's magazine, Where Women Create is a great magazine. I love to study every detail, sighing longingly at the beauty of the creative studios. My husband built me a wonderful studio, homeschooling/office and painting station for him. I've taken over 70% of the room. We will not talk about the barn or garage that contains items that I can't fit in the room. If Jo ever decides to publish one issue on "stuff it where you can room", I hope she calls me. I promise to sweep the floors. My fingers are crossed.

I'm showing these photos because I bragged about cleaning up and look what happened in a matter of days. And this is a good day. The left side was my daughters homeschool station, now it's mine {insert evil laugh.} Everything from the ceiling down is supplies, organized. No my fingers are not crossed.
The green and clear containers, ahum...I throw items that I don't use or use partial (that's why they call it scraps right?) in them. I pay my daughter to put them back in the organized areas. She gets an extra horse back riding lesson for the week. Funny now that I think of it, she keeps telling me to do more art...

And it continues... The rest of the room is for my loving husband and girls to use. (And two large goofy labs.) It is fun for all of us to be in the room, creating, laughing, good old fashion family time. I truly am blessed to have a husband support my art in all ways. And two girls that love to create as well. Hope you enjoyed the tour, I'm off to make a mess, get my hands inked up and be happy as a clam at high tide.
Elaine

5 comments:

courtney said...

I love your space. You have so much cool stuff, and while it appears organized, I wouldn't be afraid to use the space to create (using some of your stuff, I've been told, may be hazardous to my health however! heehee).
I'm going to check out that link, even if I know it'll likely depress me. My space is always messy. My organization style makes sense to me and me alone it seems. Plus, Kelsey and her friends like to craft in my space and while I love that, I'd like it even more if they were a little more diligent about tidying up.
But really, I love your space. It's real...if that makes sense.

Anonymous said...

Elaine, I love your blog and your work. I just received a unique and awesome thank you card....thank you! Lisa B.

Unknown said...

Wow what a messy room!!!!!! Looks like you need to pay someone... hint hint... but actually pretty organized thanks to maybe your amazing daughter???

Darlene said...

WOW - You certainly have a lot of art supplies. You say your space looks messy but I think it looks like a lot of fun to play in.

Thanks for the information on the collage sheets. I'll check them out.

Lisa Adair said...

ahhh.. I remember this place. It was a place that I found such joy in. That is until I was slapped! for touching the ribbon.
I still love your space!