Tuesday, January 19, 2010

TEXTURE TECHNIQUE TIME

Want to create some fun texture?  This time, I am using Delta Texture Magic, cashmere color.  You need a tool to spread it.  Also, Glimmer Mist- Cocoa, Pearlescent Liquid Acrylic-Waterfall Green.



Apply texture to tool, and spread thin layers to desired texture.  I used thin "icing" strokes.  Clean tool off afterwards, the texture dries quickly.  Note, the thicker you apply, longer it takes to dry



Here is what it looks like after application





I sprayed Glimmer Mist all over it


Apply liquid acrylic, with tool, toothbrush, paintbrush, etc...



I used a heat gun, about 6 inches away to dry.  You can also let it sit dry. I also turn the paper over and dry the back side, helps the process along!  Remember if you apply a lot of texture, it will take longer to dry. Here is how it looks dry.


And now create your masterpiece.
Here's  mine.  "I Need a Hug"



Thanks for visiting Texture Technique Time.  I have more tutorials to come, including modeling paste texture, batik and the list is growing...



Don't forget to sign up on my blog candy give away here


Thanks for visiting. Have a glorious day.
Elaine

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So cool, can't wait for more!!!

Melissa said...

Great technique! I'll have to try it out myself!

Lora Oliver said...

That is awesome!!! Thanks for sharing.

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow, what astounding results!!
Fabulous work..and the final result
is precious!

Paula Calvanico said...

I love it!!! and the eyes are big too, just fabulous darling, you are amazing ;)

courtney said...

Adorable project, love the jewel dress!
Thanks for the amazing tutorial, will definitely have to give it a try.