Sunday, January 17, 2010

GOTHIC ARCH CHALLENGE -SHABBY CHIC

GOTHIC ARCH CHALLENGE SUNDAY theme this week is Shabby Chic. One of my favorites. I named this project, "Out of the Goth." Why? It's late Sunday night, and I inked, stamped the picture, paper, distressed, found flowers, lace and then... pulled out this old photo frame and placed my unfinished piece in there. From then I continued working and realized, uh oh, I'm out of the Gothic arch. Such are the creations of a tired artist.

This is a picture of my mother in law, a few years ago = ) She's not only a beautiful child in the picture but a beautiful lady.

Thanks for looking. Keep Haiti in your prayers.

Elaine

16 comments:

Faye said...

Elaine, this is a gorgeous piece. Your mil was certainly a lovely child. How nice to know that she is still pretty. Your lace is so unusual and so very beautiful. Great job!

Jeanne said...

Love those old photo frames! Wish a supplier would step forward to reproduce them. That's a fabulous arch format.. great photo and elements!

Terri said...

it's personal, it's sweet, it's shappy chic!

Yvonne said...

Gorgeous!

Evelyn S. said...

Just darling! All the details are wonderful.

Diane said...

Wonderful--I love shabby chic. What a great idea of using your mother-in-law's pic.--very sweet!

courtney said...

You've complimented this beautiful, adorable picture perfectly. Wonderful stuff....as usual!

Martina2801 said...

This is absolutely lovely.
Gorgeous arch!!!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

I really love this! The altered photo, the pink, the vintage look...all fabulous!

Basement gal said...

It's fabulous. I absolutely love it.

Oxana said...

Very beautiful!!!

Heather Robinson said...

What an adorable little girl. Love your comment about your mother in law too. You've given her photograph a wonderful place to live.

Nancy Maxwell James said...

this is just darling! I love the photo and composition! beautiful arch and art! :)

Effie said...

Fab arch... great photo too!

Michelle said...

Just gorgeous! Lovely photo.

Sue Abbott said...

Brilliant arch! x