Thursday, July 9, 2009

BELATED DAYS

Not that I forgot Father's Day, just that I took time off to be with my family while my husband went through diagnosis and surgery for prostate cancer. We are back home, our oldest daughter left {miss her dearly} and today, Aunt Sharon left {another one we are missing} but the good news is, Bill is healing from the surgery and we are blessed. There will months of PSA blood workup to follow, but my friend, Lisa L. Bemis sent me a beautiful plaque that her company makes in Maine. It says, "Cast Your Cares On Him Because He Cares For You." 1 Peter 5:7 and that is what we are doing. Living the life we were given. This was Bill's Father's Day card, simple, honest and sincere. I also want to express my love for my dad, Gene, for being such a wonderful father, always supportive, and there for me. I love you Dad! And for Ted, Bill's father, who is now seated at the right hand of the Father, we miss you and love you. Steve, what a wonderful step dad to Bill and a great "Wonder" of a man to all of the family. And to Hammond, another wonderful man called home, it was a blessing to know you.




...and the lecture, Bill is only 51, had some prostate screening, and thank goodness at 51 he had another PSA. Prostate cancer hits 1 in 6 men. Please make sure the men in your life get this blood test done. It's a prevention that can save your loved ones.
Blessings,
Elaine

No comments: