Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Talk about inspiration...

Hello! We had a wonderful time at the Inspiration Station in CT. Debbie and Donna returned from a weekend trip discovering new products and techniques. Donna demonstrated techniques from the Tim Holtz class she attended. Here are the ones I made.

This is an alcohol ink mixed with three colors, then stamped. All cards were hit with my distress storm, can't live without inking the sides. Makes it so complete.
Alcohol ink with stamp and embellishments. I love the colors, so spring like.

Grunge board flowers, from die cut. I learned that you can't use Nestabilities with the grunge board. Apparently it is not thick enough to cut the grunge. But all the other cuts work with the grunge.



Another alcohol ink card, mixed with stamping and embellishments. That rectangle is a small domino, coated with alcohol ink and then some bling on it. The paper clip was found at Staple. Donna hit the jackpot with embellishments.


Of course, it would not be a trip to the lss if I did not buy some Graphic 45 paper. I love that paper, it's so beautiful, I have to buy two, so I can frame one! I am hooked on it.


Blessings.

Elaine


Art history trivia: Leonardo da Vinci drawing, Vitruvian Man, was inspired by Vitruvius, an ancient Rome architect. This architect wrote that a man's body, with arms outstretched, could be inscribed in both a circle and a square.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the paper clip. Did BA take this class too?
smiles,
Courtney

Paula Calvanico said...

I love the tags! Tim Holtz's line is wonderful.

Renaissance era, my dh's favorite. Thats why he so wants to go to Rome!
Paula

Anonymous said...

Great tags!
Eddie

aprilrhyno said...

This is my first of many visits to come.
Those tags are absolutely gorgeous Elaine!! You do very nice work.